"LITTLE HOTEL near the CITY CENTRE" Rydges Sydney Central Tip by AusPinay

Rydges Sydney Central, Sydney: 1,384 reviews and 3 photos

the foyer of Citigate
by AusPinay

We only stayed for one night here to celebrate wedding anniversary with our kids. We chose this place as it was described as close to the city centre and we hoped it was not too close as to being noisy. this was not the problem.

We always want to avoid crowds whenever we can despite wanting to have a bit of fun in the city. It has a good deal for a family which included breakfast which was not bad at all.

Our room had two queen beds, a moderately sized bathroom, tv, aircon, coffee/tea making, etc. The place has an indoor pool as well which the boys used the next morning before we checked out. I stayed in our room reading the papers!

My problem with this hotel is the slow service at the bistro- Cipp's. After a whole day wallking around the city- going to Powerhouse Museum and at around Darling Harbour, we decided to try this place for dinner. I shall have another page for this bistro.

There was no one at the place when we first went in and that was around 5:30 pm. There was someone at the bar so we got his attention and we to get our orders. I didn't see many people at the bar either so I don't know why the service is this place is awfully slow!

A woman came to take our dinner orders and these too took ages! The food is relatively fine, especially the Indian fare- butter chicken with the Basmati rice. The rest of our meal was not so bad but not too exciting either!

They do have kids' meal I think but I still will not recommend this place for fine dining!

The checkin/out was also also slow! There was a long line checking out in the morning and there were only two people attending to us!

Unique Qualities: Nothing is really unique in the positive side. There are better hotels I am sure near the city. Anway, it is still a long walk from many attractions so avoid this place if you can!

But I can matter of factly say it is amazing how slow the service was despite it not being full at all! There were probably only 3 to 4 tables occupied and they all have two people on those tables! Unbelievable unless people come here much later.

We were just lazy to go outside to dine or get room service as there were not many choices in the menu as well!

Perhaps we should have taken the hint that locals and patrons alike here prefer to eat out as well, far away from this place I suppose!

At least we had a good meal somewhere in Chinatown, I forgot the name. Hubby said not to fuss too much as it would ruin our anniversary.

Address: 28 Albion St., , Sydney, State of New South Wales
Price Comparison: about average
othercontact: You won't want to get their numb
Phone: +61 2 9289 0000
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.rydges.com/sydneycentral

• Updated Jun 30, 2008

AusPinay Visits Here Frequently!

Have you been to Sydney?