Bayview Hotel: "OUR HOTEL SUITE was fine but not the STAFF!" Singapore Hotel Tip by AusPinay

Singapore Hotels: 563 reviews and 630 photos

the Bayview Hotel
by AusPinay

The hotel was alright, our rooms a family suite with adjoining rooms was good enough, though a bit dusty under the beds according to my hubby. As we got two rooms, each room has its own bathroom, tv, etc, in short one of each appliance or amenity.

However, it is the staff which I must warn you about: a few are lazy and inefficient. At the restaurant, when I asked for a serviette (napkin), it didn't only take too long to arrive but when I was given one, when I opened to wipe my lips, I saw the mark of lipstick! That was offensive! (Cleaning staff were not as thorough when they clean the rooms too, even the toilets.)

I told the waiter about the lipstick mark on the napkin which I haven't used but he just shrugged!Not an apology so I complained to reception who eventually apologised! We will never recommend that hotel ever!The room service is ok, food was expensive and the Indian take away shop across the hotel we went to had better tasting food!

There's a pool at the rooftop that no one seems to go to, we wonder! My son took a little swim, the water was a bit cool, it was December when we were there, fresh from our trip to Manila/Philippines.

I don't think the $270 p/night we paid was worth it! At that time (2002/3), the Singaporean dollar was even higher than the Aussie dollar! We stayed onky 3 nights thankfully!

Unique Qualities: I cannot say many good things about this hotel except that it is a bit central to a few things- some shopping, restaurants, a few Indian eateries and the temple where Buddhists go to worship.

Address: 30 Bencoolen Street Marina Bay Singapore 189621
Price Comparison: about average
othercontact: http://www.hotelclub.net/hotel.r
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Jun 30, 2008

Comments

AusPinay

“LIVE,LAUGH, LOVE! ”

Have you been to Singapore?