Garlic Corner: "Maybe It Is and Maybe It's Not!" Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Restaurant Tip by johngayton

Ottawa Restaurants: 230 reviews and 327 photos

On The Corner!
by johngayton

This little formica-tabled restaurant here on the corner of Dalhousie styles itself as "The Best Shawarma" and yep the kebabs are good. Not the best by my personal 4 am standards, when all kebabs are equally good, but at 4 pm on a Saturday afteroon for food for fuel this place fulfilled its function. Whilst the food wasn't particularly inspiring I was definitely impressed with the guy serving for whom nothing was a problem and humming and hawing as I did he gave me the right pointers.

Cheap, cheerful and tasty enough. Not particularly recommended for us greasy kebab afficiandos and perhaps not ideal for that "impress the lady" first date but no complaints about the place whatsoever. AND it does serve beer!!

PS Is also open early to late!

Favorite Dish: I suppose it has to be the chicken shawarma which perhaps could have been a bit greasier, the salad a bit limper and the hot sauce a little hotter but then that's me.

Address: 321 Dalhousie
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: On the corner of Dalhousie and York
Phone: 613 241 6665
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 3
Theme: Middle Eastern

• Written Jun 29, 2008

Comments

johngayton Visits Here Frequently!

johngayton

“The slow lane often gets you there faster”

Have you been to Ottawa?