"Buffalo Airport - SLOW security" Niagara Falls Warnings Or Dangers Tip by Robin922

Niagara Falls Warnings and Dangers: 19 reviews and 21 photos

Many people flying will arrive at the Buffalo airport.

Arriving was no problem, just your normal medium size airport. However leaving is a whole different story, allow more time than normal to check in and clear security.

I was a bit late arriving, because my cab had a flat. However since I like to leave early, I still should have had and extra 45 minutes. After checking in my bag, I discovered a very long line for security.

The lady who was checking boarding passes suggested using the alternate security station.... "Just go over the escalator, go down, look for the lady in blue, she will tell you where to go".

The lady in blue, "Go out the door, turn right, and go until you see a lady in black and white, she will tell you where to go".

The lady in black & white, "Go to the end of the building, turn right, walk across the parking lot and enter where you see the white canopy.

I finely made it to the other TSA security station, cleared only to find that I was a far away as you could get from my gate. I was at gate 1 and my plane was at gate 25!

From what I heard this is a common problem. If you gate is in the lower numbers and it isn't raining, and you don't mind the walk, the alternate location isn't bad. Other wise get there early!

Also double check your gates. I always check the board, my ticket said gate 23, the board said 23, but it ended up being gate 25. The board was never changed!

• Written Jun 25, 2008

More Warnings and Dangers in Niagara Falls (1)

Comments

Robin922

“Always pack your sence of humor!”

Have you been to Niagara Falls?