"Free tours in London" England Things to Do Tip by Geoffleong

England Things to Do: 566 reviews and 888 photos

The British Library is not a well known tourist attraction but it contains some of the best exhibitions, FREE. While we were there they had on display original notes (replicas on display) of the Magna Carter, Galileo, Leonardo Da Vinci, Isaac Newton and also notes
John Lennon and Paul MacCartney (the Beatles) while composing their songs. Original notes from many literary artists are also displayed . The displays change every 6 months.
Go to there website at http://www.britishmuseum.org/ for more information.

There are also a number of free walking tours offered. We went on the OLD LONDON TOUR.
which starts from the London Tower. It is about a 3hour walking tour and in my opinion, the best way to see the city. Given more time, I would have taken the other tours as well.
Tour guides are not paid and rely on tips. Our tour guide was remarkable and we tipped him what we felt would have cost us to go on such a paid tour. Of course, there is no need to tip, but I?m sure all members of our tour group were quite generous with their tips. See http://www.newlondon-tours.com/

Directions: The Underground train system (TUBE)

• Written Jun 24, 2008

Comments

Geoffleong's Related Pages

Geoffleong Visits Here Frequently!

Geoffleong

“See as much as I can while I can”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to England?