Heideklause: "Value hotel near Cologne airport" Cologne Hotel Tip by socheid

Cologne Hotels: 162 reviews and 208 photos

I was looking round for a hotel close to Cologne airport and was very surprised at how expensive the hotels all appeared to be (on the occaission when I was looking at least). SInce I was arriving at the airport and midnight at only needed 4 hours in a hotel before I would have to leave to check in for my next flight I wasn't keen to spend too much cash on that part if the trip. I then found Hotel Heideklause in Wahn via www.koelntourismus.de

A cab there from the airport was under 20 euro and late at night took around 10 minutes

35 euro for bed and breakast at the hotel and the pleasant lady working there (she spoke good english) gave me a lift to the airport in the morning. The was en suite, instant hot water, clean, warm, comfortable and a tv in the room. Iwould describe it as palacial but it was certainly perfectly adequate and decent value for money.

If you are interested in staying there I suggest you book in advance. The lady at the hotel said they are always busy with airport custom and also from a nearby military base.

Unique Qualities: Handy for the airport, decent value for money

Address: Heidelstr 182, 51147 Cologne
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
othercontact: fax 022 036 8138
Phone: 022 036 4916
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.koelntourismus.de

• Written Jun 23, 2008

Comments

socheid

“"Travel for travel's sake" - Robert Louis Stevenson”

Have you been to Cologne?