"Lake Merritt/Lakeside Park" Lake Merritt Tip by zwack
Lake Merritt, Oakland: 10 reviews and 6 photos
Oakland's crown jewel is also America's largest urban saltwater lake. Its surrounding park boasts the nation's first wildlife refuge (1870) and one of its original theme parks (1950). Also featured are lawn bowling, show gardens, children's art/science center, boat rentals and events. The spectacular 'Necklace of Lights' shines nightly around the 3.5-mile perimeter of the lake.
Directions: Grand Ave and 580
Phone: 510 238 7275
More Things to Do in Oakland (12)
More Reviews (21)
- Don't be out alone in the night!
- Shopping places
- Nighttime Serenades
- See All Japanese Restaurant & World Class Jazz...
- See All Oakland Hotels
- The Garden of Oakland...
- See All This is the map for the...
- See All The Oakland Zoo is home to...
- See All Lincoln University is good at...
- See All Take care the schedule of the...
Been to Oakland?Share your travels with the world!
zwack's Related Pages
Have you been to Oakland?Share Your Travels