"Renaissance Yangtze Shanghai" Renaissance Yangtze Shanghai Hotel Tip by MIdgiemoon

Renaissance Yangtze Shanghai Hotel, Shanghai: 433 reviews and 0 photos

I satyed here on business travel. the Renaissance is part of the Marriot chain, and I am a gold member, so I stayed on a club floor. I had a King sized bed, which was fine. the bathroom was quite small, and there was not much storage for my clothing in the closet, and there was no drawer space at all.

The Club Lounge on the 33rd floor was great, and they had breakfast, and other food and wine available during the day. You have to be on a club floor to use the Club Lounge. It added about $30 US per night. The club floor also came with internet access, as well.

The hotel allows you to arrange an airport pick up on line. I highly recommend this, as the hotel is a long distance from Pudong Airport (PVG). At $95 one way, it is pricey, but if you are traveling long distances, it is very worth the money.

The fitness center was well set up with equipment, but because it was under glass, it was very humid, almost impossible to exercise when the sun was out. It was like being in a green house.

The restaurants were ok, if pricey. I liked the Japanese restaurant, as well as the Chinese food court style. The Sunday brunch was pricey and not worth the money at the lobby restaurnat. Room service was prompt and reasonable, if you ordered carefully.

The hotel could use some sprucing up. Compared to other hotels I have stayed at, it was a little worn out in places, although my rppm was very nice.

Unique Qualities: Located in the business district, it was a 4Km ride to my office every day by taxi. The Friendship store is across the street. Very pricey, but there is another mall behind the friendship store which carried a lot of western goods. No real place to buy authentic Chinese goods in the area, except at the food store inside the Friendship store.

Address: 2099 Yan An Xi Road, 200336 Shanghai
Price Comparison: most expensive
Phone: 862162750000
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-rooms/shabr-renaissance-shanghai-yangtze-hotel/

• Written Jun 22, 2008

“It's the moments that make the memories.”

Have you been to Shanghai?