"Temple of the Descending God" Temple of the Descending God Tip by wilocrek
Temple of the Descending God, Tulum: 11 reviews and 13 photos
I don't what the actual name of this structure is but I do know what makes it unique. Inside of the building is a mural that depicts a reference to a "Descending God", which is unusual for the Mayan's as they generally believed that their pagan God's stayed in the heavens. There isn't a specific explanation for what this mural actual means or the exact significance of the "Descending God" reference but it something to be aware of as its the only mural of its kind. Additionally this structure is lined up directly with the main temple in Tulum and during a specific time of the year, usually around the harvest season the sun would shine in a perfect line between the windows of the two buildings.
More Reviews (15)
- See All The Souvenier Capital of Tulum
- See All The Tulum Train: To the Ruins and back!
- The Best Bakery in Tulum
- See All Experience the Beach Bum Life!
- Mexican Independence Day
- Playing basketball and soccer w/ the...
- Authentic in both price and taste!
- Quiet times...but good times!
- Beware of big spiders and mosquito's!!!!
- Watch out for the Iguana's!
- I learned the hard way...you don't have...
Been to Tulum?Share your travels with the world!
wilocrek's Related Pages
Have you been to Tulum?Share Your Travels