"Mosque - Masuleh" Top 5 Page for this destination Masuleh Things to Do Tip by suvanki

Masuleh Things to Do: 12 reviews and 25 photos

Mosque - Masuleh
      Mosque - Masuleh
      Cemetery Masuleh
      Grave stones - Masuleh
    by suvanki

After a short, but steep climb, we arrived at a cemetery, which had a Martyrs section, identified by the Iranian flags fluttering by each tomb. Next to the cemetery was a small green domed mosque. I peeped into the open doorway, but there was a man inside praying, so I didn't venture in. Apparently there are more mosques in Masuleh, but I didn't see any of these.

Continuing past the mosque, we walked past gravestones set in the walls of the narrow passageway, and on the path itself.

Later, after lunch, while standing enjoying the scene in front of me, of the village rooftops and the nearby mountains, the call to prayer began. A sound that evokes so many happy memories of previous travels, when it's been the 'soundtrack' to the scene or 'moment' that I've been enjoying.
I'm not religious, but I subconsciously find myself stopping, and having a few minutes 'time-out' each time I hear the call to prayer.

I'm probably one of the few non-Muslims that enjoys staying near a mosque, and being shocked awake by the early morning call.

• Written Jun 21, 2008

“Enjoy Yourself -It's later than you think!”

Have you been to Masuleh?