"Inexpensive hotel in a great location" Athens Lycabettus Hotel Tip by HELEN

Athens Lycabettus Hotel, Athens: 62 reviews and 0 photos

I booked this hotel at the last minute on line. The price was significantly lower than other hotels in the area. I was a bit worried, but since I was only staying there for a night, I didn't care that much. When i tried to take a cab to the hotel. At least 2 cabs refused to take me there because they didn't know where it was. I was starting to get worried that I'll be sleeping in some shady establishment. Finally, one cab driver used a Thomas Guide and finally agreed to take me there. It's located on a small walk street, which explained why some of the cab drivers didn't know where it was. The hotel ended up being really nice. and in a great location. It's about a 3 minute walk from the Syntagma square and about a 10 minute walk to Plaka. They had a great continental breakfast with a lot of choices and the staff was really nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and will for sure consider it when I'm in Athens again.

Unique Qualities: Very modern, which from a previous experience, is hard to find in Athens.

Address: 6 Valaoritou, ATHENS, 10673, GR
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Syntagma
Phone: 30-210-360-0600
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://athenslycabettus.gr

• Updated Jun 17, 2008

“Life's too short, travel large! ”

Have you been to Athens?