"Flying to Karlsruhe" Karlsruhe Transportation Tip by toonsarah

Karlsruhe Transportation: 70 reviews and 143 photos

Catch the airport bus here
      Catch the airport bus here
    by toonsarah
      Natalie waiting for the bus to show up
    by toonsarah

Along with several others attending the Euromeet, I flew to Karlsruhe with Ryan Air from Stanstead. What this actually involves is flying to Baden Baden, as the nearest airport to Karlsruhe is Baden Airpark. Flight time is about one and a half hours, and certainly on my trip I experienced no problems in either direction. Prices vary considerably, depending on how far in advance you can book and how flexible you?re prepared to be, but shouldn?t be too high as this is a budget airline. However you will pay for so-called extras that other airlines include as standard, such as checking in a bag!

On arrival in Karlsruhe I was fortunate in being met at the airport by Ingrid (aka Trekki), and it was about an hour?s drive into the city. But if you don?t have a friend meeting you there is a regular bus service timed to coincide with the flights. Natalie (nhcram) and I caught this bus on our return journey, and although I was a bit anxious that we were cutting it fine (especially when the bus was late in arriving to pick us up in Karlsruhe) we did catch our plane, though with little time to spare. This bus costs ?9 one way, and you can see the timetables here.

Mode: TO
Type: Airplane
Website: http://www.ryanair.com

• Updated Jun 16, 2008

“I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust (Joni Mitchell, "Amelia")”

Have you been to Karlsruhe?