" Agios Nikolaos Anapafssas" Top 5 Page for this destination Agios Nikolaos Anapasfsas Monastery Tip by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Agios Nikolaos Anapasfsas Monastery, Meteora: 10 reviews and 18 photos
Monastery of Agios Nikolaos Anapafsas was built in the 16th Century by Dionysious, the Metropolitan of Larissa and named after an old Patron. The Katholikon is decorated in wall paintings by the renowned Cretan Iconographer Theophanis Bathas-Strelitzas.
The rock, on the top of which the monastery is built, has a very limited surface. This fact affected the construction of the buildings of the monastery that could not extend. Therefore the only solution was to erect buildings in height. The monastery has three floors.
Working hours of St. Nikolaos Anapafssas:
Entrance fee 2?.
You may watch my high resolution photo of Kalambaka-Meteora on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 39º 43' 51.91" N 21º 38' 51.72" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio Meteora - Agios Nikolaos Anapafssas .
Learn more kalampaka.com/en/meteora/monasteries_nikolaos.
Click here to visit the Web Site of the Monastery.
Directions: 1,5km N of Kastraki village
Phone: +30 2432-022375
More Reviews (26)
- See All Northern Greece in Moscow
- Avoid falling into the precipice!
- Agia Triada in For Your Eyes Only film
- Climbing in Meteora
- See All Food for monks by vrisoni
- Appropriate Clothes in Monasteries
- See All Shopping in Meteora
- VT-database of destinations in Greece
- Kalambaka Rocks Illumination
- See All Pleasant supper after visiting Meteora
- Pleasant stay before (after) visiting...
- See All Meteora Geological Background
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Have you been to Meteora?Share Your Travels