" Chapels of the Great Meteoron" Top 5 Page for this destination Megalo Meteoro ? Great Meteoro Monastery Tip by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Megalo Meteoro ? Great Meteoro Monastery, Meteora: 33 reviews and 66 photos
There are 4 Chapels besides the Katholikon in the Great Meteoron. The chapel of Saint John the Baptist was built in 1682. It is a small vaulted aisles church, next to the Katholikon sanctuary.
The Saints Constantine and Helen Chapel were erected in 1789. This is also a small church situated near the Katholikon with a beautiful vault, whose type is similar to the imposing vault of the Katholikon.
The Chapel of Virgin Mary is situated on the cave where Saint Athanasios led an ascetic's life.
The Saint Nectarius Chapel is situated on the ground floor of the renovated north-west wing of the cells and has masterly contemporary frescoes.
You may watch my 2 min 18 sec VIDEO-Clip Meteora Great Meteoron Part I out of my VT-Tube or Greece Meteora Great Meteoron Part I out of my YouTube with popular Greek music by Vangelis.
Directions: 800meters from Varlaam monastery, 4,5km from Kastraki, 9km from Kalambaka
More Reviews (26)
- See All Northern Greece in Moscow
- Avoid falling into the precipice!
- Agia Triada in For Your Eyes Only film
- Climbing in Meteora
- See All Food for monks by vrisoni
- Appropriate Clothes in Monasteries
- See All Shopping in Meteora
- VT-database of destinations in Greece
- Kalambaka Rocks Illumination
- See All Pleasant supper after visiting Meteora
- Pleasant stay before (after) visiting...
- See All Meteora Geological Background
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Have you been to Meteora?Share Your Travels