" Museum-rooms of the Great Meteoron" Top 5 Page for this destination Megalo Meteoro – Great Meteoro Monastery Tip by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Megalo Meteoro – Great Meteoro Monastery, Meteora: 33 reviews and 66 photos
The Hermitage of Saint Athanasios Meteorites represents a small building carved into the rock, which the visitor can see shortly before the entrance of the monastery to the left of the staircase leading to it.
The Old Refectory was built in 1557. It is a remarkable architectural erection, 35m long and 12m in width. Its roof is supported on five columns. The figure of Virgin between the archangels Gabriel and Michael dominates on the interior of the conch.
The Hospital-home for the aged was built in 1572. It is a magnificent architectural building. The roof of its ground floor, made of brick, has a central dome supported on 4 columns, and 8 side cross-vaults.
You may watch my 1 min 24 sec VIDEO-Clip Meteora Great Meteoron Part IV out of my VT-Tube or Greece Meteora Great Meteoron Part IV out of my YouTube with Greek Orthodox Church music.
Directions: 800meters from Varlaam monastery, 4,5km from Kastraki, 9km from Kalambaka
More Reviews (26)
- See All Northern Greece in Moscow
- Avoid falling into the precipice!
- Agia Triada in For Your Eyes Only film
- Climbing in Meteora
- See All Food for monks by vrisoni
- Appropriate Clothes in Monasteries
- See All Shopping in Meteora
- VT-database of destinations in Greece
- Kalambaka Rocks Illumination
- See All Pleasant supper after visiting Meteora
- Pleasant stay before (after) visiting...
- See All Meteora Geological Background
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Have you been to Meteora?Share Your Travels