"Nice Hotel, Great People, Great Location" Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Tip by DSellers

Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres, Paris: 1,564 reviews and 3 photos

The lobby

The lobby
      Card reader on wall
      Messy kitchen
    by DSellers

EXCELLENT LOCATION-within walking distance of the Louvre and Notre Dame. Rooms were clean and big enough that my sister and I had some room to spread out. The staff at the front desk was very friendly. If Christina is there, say Hi from me. Kitchen came in very handy as did the free coffee in the morning. Breakfast was 9 Euros. I was happy with grabbing a double espresso and having some bread and cheese in the room. My sister likes American style cereal which we got at the Monoprix.

There were three internet connected computers in the lobby, but one was broken most of the time and depending on the time of day it was sometimes difficult to get one.

The TV had CNN and BBC, but what we really liked was the French station that showed American movies in French subtitles. We saw American Pie and Dead Man Walking.

The only strange thing was when we got to the room, the lights wouldn't work. We were getting ready to go ask the desk what was wrong when I noticed a fixture by the door. It had the same name on it as my room card. I stuck my card in it and everything turned on. I had never seen a feature like that, but seems like a good energy conversation measure.

I don't know what we were charged for the room because it was part of a package, but the whole deal seemed to be very reasonable.

Unique Qualities: Towel warmer

Phone: 33 144077000
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.citadines.com/en/france/paris/saint_germain_des_pres.html

• Updated Jun 8, 2008

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Paris?