"Philippines is a waste of time to visit" Philippines Favorite Tip by Mulder_001

Philippines General: 221 reviews and 248 photos

Favorite thing: Hey man I sympathise with you. The philippines was the worst of the 35 countries I have ever been to. Every one tries to rip you off and you get hassled day after day. Also Filipinos are mostly liars about everything. Just being a white guy implies that you are rich and a target for every vendor to sell you crappy sunglasses crappy watches crappy beads and generally just never leave you alone. you cant walk down the beach without getting hassled every 10 meters so there is no way to relax there at all. Its not a cheap place since everywhere you go you get screwed. I have had a good laugh at the forums - so many people describing the crap. I figure if you get drunk enough you can block out most of the peoople there that harrass you but its a pointless holiday - there are so many better beaches and nicer coutries to go. I have a PH friend who got charged to pick up a letter from the post office that I prepaid from my own country - the corruption is everywhere and they even screw each other over. Its a pointless waste of time to go there when there are so few things to see of any value compared to other counties. Bohol island was ok but Boracay is a toilet you go through a slum to get there and there is garbage everywhere - I even saw sewerage on the beach on my first day there so i never went swimming. They are just clueless over there - I told all my friends so none of them will ever go there now. I guess you just chalk it up to experience. No wonder so many PH people want to get out - who would want to stay there?

B

Fondest memory: leaving

• Written Jun 4, 2008

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Philippines?