"Avoid at all costs!" New Pola Hotel Luxor Tip by martizhen8

New Pola Hotel Luxor, Luxor: 86 reviews and 1 photos

I am writing this from the relative luxury of the Sonesta St George Hotel in Luxor. My wife and I had booked a 3 and a half week stay at the New Pola Hotel, we had read the reviews which were, for the most part, fine. Oh, what a mistake we made......We stuck it for 8 days and left, we should have left much sooner of course.

What happened? Ok. About 4 days into our stay they started construction work in the hotel, adding an new lift, the noise from about 7.30am was unbearable. Smashing, banging, smashing, banging.......unreal. There wasn't even a "sorry about the noise" from reception. The reception and lobby were coated in dust from all the building work. We captured the unbelievable noise on our digital camera, we might try to upload it onto VT if we can.

Then there was the pool...it's tiny but looked fine so in I jumped, it wasn't...scum all around the sides and dead flies and "stuff" floating in it. The next day I broke out in some reddish rash, on my head, body, neck...went to a doctor who said it was a skin disease that could be due to "polluted water"....just great. I am still recovering from that.

The air-conditioning.....first of all, definetly not cool enough, it only went as low as 17 celcius. Then it would stop and start, stop and start......not what you want when it's so hot, and I mean, HOT!

The phone in the room didn't work, told them, never fixed, no surprise there.

I sat on a plastic chair on the balcony, it broke and I nearly split my head open on the tiles.....

I never ate the breakfast there, the last morning I did. Within a couple of hours I had diarrhea.

The tv is the smallest I have ever, and I mean ever, seen...and it's wall mounted and the tv reception is terrible.

If you are going to buy water, beer, chocolate or whatever be careful as you'll give x ammount to be told they have no change....so you either don't get change, don't buy what you need or buy more than you need to!

There is no bar, the restaurant is grim.

This is just to warn people, we made the mistake of staying there and we really regret having done so. If you want to ruin your holiday then do by all means stay at the New Pola Hotel but if you want an enjoyable holiday then definetly don't go near the place!

Unique Qualities: None

Address: New Pola Hotel, Luxor, Egypt
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Between Iberotel and the Sonesta St George Hotel, on the left hand side coming from downtown.
Phone: +20(095)2275081