Hotel Christie: "New hotel in the center" Prague Hotel Tip by Dabs

Doule room Hotel Christie
      Bathroom Hotel Christie
      Outside of Hotel Christie
    by Dabs

Hotel Christie is a new hotel, opened in May 2008, located just steps away from the Narodni Trida metro station and a very large Tesco supermarket. It was close enough to walk to Wenceslas Square and to the old town. We paid 85E per night through, I recently saw the same price on the hotel's direct website.

A buffet breakfast was included in the rate, scrambled eggs, bacon, pastries, fruit, coffee, tea, juice, cereal, yogurt, bread.

I inquired about parking and it was a whopping 30E per day, a taxi to the airport was listed as 750kc which was at least 150kc higher than what I believe is a standard fare.

Unique Qualities: Room-the hotel is newly renovated so the paint was fresh and I think we might have been the 1st to use our room. The beds were very firm but not uncomfortable. There's an in room safe and a minibar

Bathroom-we had a bathtub and a hand held shower, the 1st night we didn't have a shower curtain which was quickly remedied the next day when they saw the soaking wet bathroom. That was really my only complaint with the room, if they had put the shower higher up on the wall instead of thigh high, I could have taken a real shower. There was shampoo, bath gel and soap and a hair dryer.

Of the two hotels we stayed at, I'd give a slight edge to Hotel Amarilis because I felt like the staff tried harder and was friendlier, the bed was more comfortable and the showerhead was over my head. The only thing I liked better about the Hotel Christie was the location right next to the metro if you are coming in via public transportation from the airport.

And I'm still not sure, but I think they overcharged us on the conversion between Euros and Czech crowns, I'm still looking into it.

Address: Vladislavova 20
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Just steps away from the Narodni Trida metro station
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Jun 8, 2008

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Prague?