"Next to train station, large room, good breakfast" Top 5 Page for this destination Hotel Roermond Tip by BillNJ

Hotel Roermond, Roermond: 61 reviews and 5 photos

Prior to my trip, I made arrangements through hoteliers.com to stay for one night at the Hotel Roermond. One good thing about hoteliers.com, as opposed to some other services like Expedia, is that you don't have to pay the fee in advance. Instead, you pay the fee directly to the hotel at the time of your stay. Also, you have the flexibility to change or cancel your reservation up to 24 hours before your arrival.

Travelling to the the Hotel Roermond by train is the ultimate in convenience. You see the hotel as soon as you exit the central train station. In fact, you don't even have to cross a street to get to it!

There is a restaurant called The Dinner Inn that is connected to the hotel. In fact, the front desk of the hotel is in the restaurant.

I arrived before the check-in time. A hotel staff member graciously allowed me to leave my bags with them until my room was ready. When I checked-in, the hotel charged me in full. I thought this payment-in-advance procedure was odd.

Another odd feature was my wake-up call. Instead of receiving a call on the telephone, I received a knock on my door!

Even with these oddities, I was quite pleased overall with the hotel. My room that was located further down the street through a separate entrance. Whoever said hotel rooms in Europe are small has not paid a visit to the Hotel Roermond! Even though I booked a single room (the smallest that they offer), my room here was by far the biggest on my trip. In addition to the standard bedroom, I had a separate living room with a couch and chairs -- a fully-equipped kitchen -- and the bathroom was very large. For my purposes as a tourist, these furnishings were more than needed. However, for someone else who may be looking for extended stay lodging, the kitchen and living room may be a big plus.

One negative about the room, though, was that there was no in-room safe. Since the hotel is in a high traffic area near the central train station, I had concerns about the safety of my valuables. One recommendation that I would have for the hotel is that they install combination safes in each room.

The breakfast buffet, which was included in the price, was excellent. There was a great selection of hot and cold food.

Unique Qualities: Right next to the central train station

Large furnishings, including living room and fully-equipped kitchen.

Breakfast included.

Negative: No in-room safe

Address: Stationsplein 9-13, Roermond, 6041 GN, nl
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Next to central train station
Phone: 31475316548
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hotelroermond.nl/

• Updated Jun 1, 2008

More Hotels in Roermond (1)

“Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow. ”

Have you been to Roermond?