VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Inadequate noise control on a major highway" Best Western - Greenway Plaza Tip by patbell

The man I later married was coming to Houston for the first time - to visit me! I chose the hotel closest to my home, wanting to be proper and not invite him to stay at my house right away. Imagine my horror when we checked him in and went to the room - inadequate air conditioning (it's HOT in Houston for several months each year), and the noise from I-59, a major interstate highway that runs just a few feet from this hotel, was disturbing, even with the doors and windows closed tightly. He spent one night and quietly changed hotels! There are so many hotels in Houston; I can't imagine a reason to stay in this one. If you need to be in the Greenway Plaza area, there is an Extended Stay on the north side of I-59 that is much nicer.

Address: 2929 Southwest Freeway
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone:
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://

• Written May 31, 2008

Comments

patbell

“never check a suitcase”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Houston?