Hotel Chitra Park: "Comfortable and Classy" Tiruchchendur Hotel Tip by tayloretc

Tiruchchendur Hotels: 1 reviews and 2 photos

Hotel Chitra Park is new ? as of May, 2008, only open for about 6 months. It?s really nice. Nice as in large and immaculate rooms and suites, with friendly staff providing great service. The owner was working the front desk when we arrived (without a reservation) and was gracious and accommodating (and I asked for something out of the ordinary). It?s a 2-minute walk around the corner to the temple complex. There?s parking, and arrangements can be made for drivers. There?s a view of the town, the sea, and the temple from the roof. I woke up to the call of peacocks roosting in the yard across the street. There isn?t a restaurant or bar, but you can order in from a menu at the desk (my ginger chicken was excellent) or get food from other places delivered; and up the street is a large local place serving a delicious South Indian breakfast.

And my enormous suite ? I think it was larger than my flat ? was only Rs1500 per night. (The pic of the room was taken from the doorway to the equally large sitting room; there?s a huge bathroom and luggage area beyond that yellow wall. Another small sitting area and the TV are behind the door.)

Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 04639-243766
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel

• Written May 29, 2008

Comments

tayloretc

“The true delight is in the finding out.”

Have you been to Tiruchchendur?