"SHAKEDOWNS!!!" Police / Tijuana Jail Tip by exexpat08

Police / Tijuana Jail, Tijuana: 41 reviews and 5 photos

Several years ago the TJ Police were mugging the Tourists so bad that the Mexican Govt had to bring in the Federal Police to watch the local police. It is that bad again.

I've been stopped twice to pay bribes. The first time I was scared to death the second I knew the routine. They are going to find something about you or on you that "breaks Mexican law" but you can pay the fine if you do not "wanna go to jail homes".

I travel all over the World and I've never been to a place that is so rife with corruption. I mean, Thailand has the "Coffee or Tea Donations" to the police but they make you feel like you are giving to a charity without threat. In Mexico the Police practically mug you in plain view and have no style about it. They are just gutter scum thieves and thugs. I feel safer anywhere in the World (that includes some Arab countries) than TJ.

It is why your economy sucks! It is why half of Revolution is boarded and closing up! It is why you have to play Ads on the radio to beg tourists to come to Mexico! Hey, be honest in your tourism ads - tell how many US tourists go missing, are kidnapped, or are murdered in your ****hole of a country by the MEXICAN POLICE! Tijuana you suck!

Tips. Go in the light of day. Always take a taxi where ever you go. Always keep on eye on the cops where ever you are. Always hide your money in a sock. Better yet - stop going to Mexico all together until Mexico gets their **** together and joins the civilized World. Did I mention always keep an eye on the cops?

• Written May 29, 2008

More Warnings and Dangers in Tijuana (1)

Ranked Member

Have you been to Tijuana?