"Ripped Off" Hotel Czarny Kot Tip by Dom7777

Hotel Czarny Kot, Warsaw: 29 reviews and 6 photos

I booked this hotel on May 26th at about 11:30 AM. Through www.hotelsinpoland.org. Within 30 minutes of booking it I found out about a family emergency and so I had to fly back to England within the next couple of hours.
I immediately phoned Czarny Kot directly. When I spoke to the male there he was not aware of my booking yet. He stated that he did not know about it yet thus I would need to speak to the internet company I booked with. I then rang www.hotelsinpoland.org. at this was a very stressfull time due to the issues at home and trying to rearrange flight etc...
www.hotelsinpoland.org. were extremely unsympathetic to my situation and told me to send an email stating that I wanted to cancel. I did as they asked then had to phone further 3 times to discuss the cancellation. They would not confirm if I had a cancellation fee or not. In the end as I was boarding my flight they told me to wait for an email from them. When I got back to the UK I read the email from them on which they told me I would be charged 450 zt!!!! This is an outrageous charge for a booking that was cancelled within 30 minutes of it been made and that the hotel were not even aware of when I went to cancel with them. The hotel had not lost out on any business and the staff from www.hotelsinpoland.org. were far from sympathetic to my plight and were basically rude. I would strongly recommend that people think very carefully before using www.hotelsinpoland.org. or Hotel Czarny Kot who were part of the decision making process in this matter to charge. If you end up in an emergency they will not help you.

Address: 65 Okopowa St., Warsaw 00-042
Price Comparison: most expensive
Directions: 40 minute walk from the city centre
Phone: 48 22 8380938
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://hotelczarnykot.com.pl/

• Written May 27, 2008

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.