The Founder's Arm: "Decent Fish & Chips" Founders Arms Tip by Gypsystravels

Founders Arms, London: 3 reviews and 10 photos

Fish, chips and mushed peas!
by Gypsystravels
      Fish, chips and mushed peas!
      The restaurant
      My beer and number
    by Gypsystravels
      Nice little tables with good views
    by Gypsystravels

Honestly, I don't know what it is but am I getting too picky with my meals? I had heard and read so much about this restaurant that it was the only restaurant that I made a point to grab a meal in.

The restaurant is a London institution, located near the Tate Modern by the River Thames. The views are quite nice and so is the restaurant. There is outside dinning or you can eat your meal inside.

You have a choice of first finding a place to sit to enjoy your meal, then placing your order or, going straight to the bar to place your meal, then find a place to sit. I ordered my meal first, then looked for a place to eat. I found a nice table outside overlooking the River Thames.

Favorite Dish: I decided to have my obligatory "Fish & Chips" at this restaurant as I thought what better place than a restaurant that has been around for years, right?

Well, the Fish & Chips was just okay (another okay meal). I found the batter to be too thick, not flacky or crusty and quite bland. The fries were good and I didn't touch the mushed peas (don't like peas)!!! I ordered a Founder beer to wash it all down.

The best part of the whole meal were the views over the River Thames to St. Patrick's!!!

I don't think I will eat here again, but I will definitnely return to grab a few drinks while enjoying the views across the Thames.

Address: 52 Hompton
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Nearest Tube, Southwark Station. Near Thames Path
Phone: 020 7928 1899
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 2
Theme: Other

• Updated Jun 23, 2011

Gypsystravels Visits Here Frequently!

“If You don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!”

Have you been to London?