"Comerica Park - Home of the Detroit Tigers" Michigan Sports & Outdoors Tip by DueSer

Michigan Sports & Outdoors: 12 reviews and 22 photos

Comerica Park

Comerica Park
      Old Tiger Stadium
    by DueSer

Another chapter in my visit of all the Major League Baseball Stadiums. I visited Comerica Park in June 2002.

Comerica Park is the newst home to the Detroit Tigers. Their original home, Tiger Stadium is still standing and you can visit, which I did, but it's not the same taking a tour or admiring it from the outside. I really wanted to see a game in the old stadium but, alas, it didn't happen.

1)Arrival & Departure.
On a scale of 1-5, 5 being the best, I give this a 2. If I'd attended a game during the week, I may have given this a 1 or a 0 but I went on a weekend so the parking and traffic weren't as bad. The stadium is right downtown and therefore not convenient at all. The dorks who seem to believe all the old stadiums need replacing also seem to think there's nothing wrong with putting a house that seats 25-50,000 people smack dab in the middle of a parking nightmare. Downtowns are notoriously bad places to park so why add to that problem?

2) Food.
Not bad. I give it a 3.

3)Comfort
I give this a 5. The park is located right by the lake so even on a hot summer's day, you get a breeze off the lake keeping the temperature at a comfortable level. Of course, if I'd attended a night game I very well may have frozen my butt off but I didn't so I don't know for sure. I'm going to leave my score at 5.

4)Enjoyment
I give this a 3. They have fountains that flare up when the Tigers hit a home run, which is always fun. I love fountains. However, around the outside they have WAY too many tigers in various and assorted "ferocious" poses and it's just a bit much. Less is more, people.

Overall, I enjoyed my experience at Comerica. I give it an average score of 3 and given the chance, would happily go back.

Address: 2100 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI, 48201
Phone: (313) 962-4000
Theme: Sports Watching
Website: http://tigers.mlb.com

• Updated Jan 31, 2009

Comments

DueSer Visits Here Frequently!

DueSer

“The most beautiful thing in the world is the world itself.”

Have you been to Michigan?