"YAVUZER OR YAVUZ SINAN CAMII" Top 5 Page for this destination Unkapani District Tip by neodue
Unkapani District, Istanbul: 4 reviews and 18 photos
My master JOHN FREELY told in his book some about this Mosque.It s in the heart of the old city.It has been restored very bad and lost originality but still important mosque.
YAVUZ mean Brave or Grim .YAVUZ SINAN was flag man of MEHMED II The Conquerer.
YAVUZER means GRIM OR BRAVE MAN.This mosque one of the oldest Istanbul Mosque .DATE 1453 After the Conquest Of Istanbul.
Also YAVUZ SINAN was the grand grandgrand father of EVLIYA CELEBI.If you go to backyard of the mosque there was a tomb HOROZ BABA.He was making noise like a Rooster for waking up the soldiers of the Ottoman Army During the Siege Of Constantinople.
This mosque in UNKAPANI at the Beginning of The YAVUZ SINAN Quarter.
Address: Ragip Gumuspala street YAVUZ SINAN QUARTER
Directions: This mosque in UNKAPANI at the Beginning of The KUCUK PAZAR Quarter.50m away from UNKAPANI (ATATURK) BRIDGE on GOLDEN HORN COAST.
More Reviews (110)
- See All Turkish Movies
- See All HOCAPASA STREET
- See All WHAT IS AKBIL?
- See All STAYING IN ASIAN SIDE
- See All DO NOT DRIVE IN THE CENTRE OF ISTANBUL
- See All SHOPPING MALLS IN ISTANBUL
- See All BEST VENUE FOR MUSIC
- See All RECEP TAYYIP ERDOGAN STADIUM
- See All 3D IMAGES OF THE HISTORICAL PLACES OF...
- BETWEEN OCTOBER AND APRIL IT IS VERY...
- See All Do not eat food in Tourist places
Been to Istanbul?Share your travels with the world!
neodue's Related Pages
Have you been to Istanbul?Share Your Travels