"Theotokos Kyriotissa Church (KALENDERHANE CAMII)" Top 5 Page for this destination Kalenderhane Camii - Mosque Tip by neodue
Kalenderhane Camii - Mosque, Istanbul: 6 reviews and 26 photos
This another amazing Byzantine Church in Istanbul.It s desapread between Istanbul University Buildings but still you can see it s unique Architecture.
You can see the some part of the building demolished and basic contruction still remaning on the gorund.
The church has been converted a mosque but stil you can feel and see it s been build as a orthodox church.
It s very clean and nice but still you can feel that some of the part of the church renovated or demolished very badly.
Marble plated walls are very impressive also you can see the Muslim Mihrab showing the Kibla
Must see and non touristy places.
Address: 16 Mart Sehitleri Caddesi, Vezneciler, Eminonu
More Reviews (110)
- See All Turkish Movies
- See All HOCAPASA STREET
- See All WHAT IS AKBIL?
- See All STAYING IN ASIAN SIDE
- See All DO NOT DRIVE IN THE CENTRE OF ISTANBUL
- See All SHOPPING MALLS IN ISTANBUL
- See All BEST VENUE FOR MUSIC
- See All RECEP TAYYIP ERDOGAN STADIUM
- See All 3D IMAGES OF THE HISTORICAL PLACES OF...
- BETWEEN OCTOBER AND APRIL IT IS VERY...
- See All Do not eat food in Tourist places
Been to Istanbul?Share your travels with the world!
neodue's Related Pages
Have you been to Istanbul?Share Your Travels