"Comfortable hotel" Carol Hotel Omaha Tip by alanjackson501

Carol Hotel Omaha, Omaha: 199 reviews and 0 photos

When we became bored of Omaha after our first day there, the gentleman that works on the front desk on weekdays suggested that we visit Omaha?s Henry Doorly Zoo, as it is regarded as among the world?s best facilities of its kind. For me, the Zoo was an excellent diversion from our sometimes annoying relatives; for the kids, it was just a blast. The next morning, we enjoyed the Hot breakfast that comes complementary with the room; it was such a feast that the kids couldn?t use the swimming pool as we had planned because they were too full of food.

The most important criteria by which I judge hotels is also the most basic?that criteria is the comfort of the bed?All the fancy swimming pools, restaurants, and excellent service is worthless to me unless this basic need is met. This hotel had such luxurious bedding that out of the numerous hotels we stayed at during our 2 week trip, this is where I got the best night sleep.

The hotel is in the newer western part of town, which made it conveniently located for us, as we went shopping at Oakview mall and ate at the surrounding restaurants. My only complain would be that because it was a busy hotel, we couldn?t find a good parking spot and ended up walking a block to the lobby door. The service was courteous and genuinely helpful. I am definitely using trip advice websites every time I travel.

We loved our stay and will definitely love to stay there again

Unique Qualities: Hot Breakfast, excellent location

Address: 4888 S 118th St, Omaha, NE 68137
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: West Omaha, Millard area
Phone: 4028951000
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.omahahotel.org/

• Written May 19, 2008

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.