Ydria Cafe: "I need a chocolate pie!" Top 5 Page for this destination Ydria Tip by mindcrime

Ydria, Athens: 4 reviews and 5 photos

the chocolate pie! yiam! :)
by mindcrime

I don?t use to go for coffee at Plaka but when I have to I usually choose Ydria Café at the central square of Plaka. The problem is that prices in Plaka are more expensive than other districts because of the tourists.

From the other side Ydria has a nice chocolate pie, nice enough so I don?t mind pay 6 euros for it! You can sit in one of tables outside if the weather is nice or inside during the winter (usually the music is too loud and cant hear your friend trying talk to you!).

Other prices are frappe coffee 4euros, fresh orange juice 4,5euros, glass of ouzo 4euros

Address: Adrianou 68, Platia Agoras, Plaka,
Theme: Coffeehouse

• Written May 17, 2008

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2015 at 3:09 AM

:-) Some cakes are just worth the price :-) I had one in Bologna where I made big eyes when I saw the price but ... the taste was priceless :-)

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
      Jul 15, 2015 at 5:26 AM

indeed, the worst scenario is to pay a lot for something that lets you down

• Trekki's Profile Photo
      Jul 15, 2015 at 7:26 AM

So true. That is why such tips like yours are priceless: a guarantee that something is very good despite the high price.

mindcrime Lives Here!

mindcrime

“WORLD is a book. Don't read just one page!”

Have you been to Athens?