Lam Thai: "Thai Restaurants in Norwich" Top 5 Page for this destination Norwich Restaurant Tip by TonyBagnall
Norwich Restaurants: 49 reviews and 22 photos
These are our thai rankings for norwich
1. Lam Thai (see below)
2. Thai Lanna: By cinema city, its as expensive as Lam Thai and food is very good. Space not as good as Lam Thai and portions smaller.
3. Sugar Hut: Near the castle, the sugar hut is nice and in same price bracket as above two and not quite as good.
4. One on Magdalen St (closed at the moment). Was pretty good when open, although decor
5. Siam bangkok: not bad, currently closed
6. One on the boat by the train station. Its on a boat! Only been once for lunch, was fine.
7. One on Prince Wales: super cheap fast food thai style. Much more like restaurants/bars in thailand actually. They do lots of deals. Food is ok, but you get what you pay for
8. Sweet Chili: Cheaper, food seems a bit anglisised. Very small (more seats upstairs?)
Lam Thai is the best thai restaurant I've eaten in outside of thailand. The dishes are carefully prepared with excellent ingredience. The service is great. Its more expensive than average, but worth it. There is a bar out the back which most people dont seem to know about. You can go and have a drink, sit in comfy sofas and listen to cheesy thai pop, then they call you when your food is ready.
Favorite Dish: standards are great, especially the green curry, but my favorites are the mussaman (sp?) and the spicy salad.
Address: Upper St Giles St
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Opposite Louie's Deli and next to Barclays bank
Theme: Pan-Asian and Pacific Rim
More Restaurants in Norwich (15)
More Reviews (24)
- See All New cool bar
- See All Good pub for a sunday lunch
- Prince of Wales Road/Riverside on a...
- See All University walk
- Going to the beach
TonyBagnall's Related Pages
Have you been to Norwich?Share Your Travels