Taverna: "Authentic Italian in Sundance Square" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Restaurant Tip by VeronicaG

Fort Worth Restaurants: 121 reviews and 161 photos

by VeronicaG

Friends invited us to dinner at Taverna on a pleasant Saturday evening. Italian food is a favorite of ours!

Taverna is an intimate sized authentic Italian restaurant set in the heart of Sundance Square, nicely convenient to Bass Performance Hall and other sites in Fort Worth.

To begin our meal, I ordered a house salad ($4.50) of mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumber, parmesan croutrons and red onions with a house specialty dressing.

Keeping an eye on calories, I chose Penne Pasta with a Marinara sauce for my entree (the lesser of caloric evils). My husband ordered the Pan-Seared Tuna with Roasted Asparagus and Balsamic Glaze ($19.00), which looked and tasted delicious! We shared Panna Cotta drizzled with Amaretto Liquor & Amaretti Crumbs ($6.50), which is a pudding type dessert--thank goodness I didn't eat it all myself!

If you can afford to throw caution to the wind, you might want to try:

Green and White Taglioline pasta tossed with Chicken, Wild Mushrooms, Truffle Oil and Cream Sauce ($14)

Pan Seared Beef Tenderloin sliced and served with Arugula and extra Oil Oil and Roasted Potatoes ($21)

Spaghetti Carbonara ($15)

A nice assortment of pizza was listed, also ($10-$14).

We liked the friendly atmosphere and classic feel of this bistro-style restaurant. I think you would, too! Hours are Mon.-Thurs. 11am-10pm; Fri. and Sat. 11am-11 pm; Sun. 11am-10 pm.

Address: 450 Throckmorton St., Ft. Worth,Tx
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Sundance square
Phone: 817-885-7502
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian
Website: http://www.tavernaftworth.com

• Updated Sep 30, 2008

VeronicaG Visits Here Frequently!

“Many cultures....one world”

Have you been to Fort Worth?