"THE INK PALACE" Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Things to Do Tip by DAO
Africa Things to Do: 366 reviews and 1,024 photos
The Ink Palace??? I love the name of this place. The Parliament Building of Namibia is called the Tintenpalast , which means "Ink Palace" in German. It is a large building that houses both chambers of the Namibian legislature, the National Council and the National Assembly in the capital Windhoek. It was designed by the architect Gottlieb Redecker and built by the company Sander & Kock between 1912 and 1913 out of local materials as an administration building for the German colonial government of the time. It got its name from employees of the building from the vast amounts of ink the government used inside.
Directions: Just north of Robert Mugabe Avenue in Windhoek.
More Things to Do in Africa (86)
More Reviews (340)
- See All Don?t Bother in Massawa
- See All Not Quite Right in Massawa, Eritrea
- See All The Flag of Burkina Faso
- See All Its Officially a Joke in Burkina Faso
- See All USEFUL IN TOGO
- See All THE STREET TAILORS
- See All KOLOBENG NATIONAL MEMORIAL - BOTSWANA
- See All A HUNDRED WAYS TO DIE
- See All THE GREATEST MARATHON RUNNER IN THE...
- See All SHONGOLOLO !
- See All SINK PLUGS
- See All FOOTBALL ? THE INTERNATIONAL SPORT
DAO's Related Pages
Have you been to Africa?Share Your Travels