Eat and Two Veg: "Veggie & vegan" Top 5 Page for this destination Fischer's Tip by toonsarah

Fischer's, London: 1 reviews and 4 photos

Eat & Two Veg

Eat & Two Veg
      Mezze
  • - London
      Courgette & goats cheese tart
    by toonsarah

UPDATE MARCH 2013: This restaurant is now closed - review left here only for my records.

This vegetarian restaurant is decorated in ?diner style?, with generously sized booths and classic diner furnishings. Everything on the menu is either vegetarian or vegan, wines are organic, and prices are quite reasonable for this location (about 15 - 20 per person for two courses). We visited recently with friends, one of who, highly recommended the restaurant, but I have to say that we were disappointed. Although neither of us is vegetarian, we do eat and enjoy a lot of meat-free meals, but are not so keen on dishes that use meat substitutes such as soy protein, as many of these do. However, we found some fairly tasty choices. I started with mezze (a generous plate of hummus, aubergine salad, falafel and pitta) and followed this with the courgette and goats cheese tart made with spelt pastry. The latter was rather bland and not cheesy enough for my taste, but I quite enjoyed the nutty taste of the pastry and my side of sweet potato wedges (though this was a large portion and I felt our waiter should have pointed out that the two of us who ordered these could have easily shared). Chris had the fried halloumi to start with and the mushroom stroganoff to follow, both of which he quite liked but was not excited by. My dessert was my favourite dish ? an excellent organic maple nut ice cream.

On the whole we quite enjoyed some of the food, but I should perhaps mention that neither of us felt too great later in the evening (and with only one glass of wine each, you can?t blame it on that!) Maybe we were unlucky. If you?re vegetarian this restaurant is probably worth a try, but if not I would say you could find better.

Address: 50 Marylebone High Street, London W1U 5HN
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Nearest tube Bond St (Jubilee and Central lines) or Baker Street (too many lines to list!)
Phone: %cb %s3 020 7258 8595
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 2
Theme: Vegan/Vegetarian
Website: http://www.eatandtwoveg.com/

• Updated Mar 30, 2013

Comments

toonsarah Lives Here!

toonsarah

“I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust (Joni Mitchell, "Amelia")”

Have you been to London?