"Not so sure" Quentin Hotel Tip by Panos1111

Quentin Hotel, Amsterdam: 755 reviews and 2 photos

Quentin hotel, Amsterdam
by Panos1111

The Quentin Hotel. It is quite central, 2 minutes from Leidseplein, so good for going out and sightseeing. On Leidsekade, overlooks the canal. The staff was probably temporary employees and were generally nice. I went there because it was recommended by Lonely Planet (which I otherwise adore) but was dissapointed. I was given a very small room in the basement. The view was some building site, there were marked from dead mosquitoes on the walls and, worse, the shower was partially blocked so every time I had a shower the carpet outsie the samll bathroom/showeromm flodded for half a meter. I also had the noise of the hotel's washing machine there. Breafast cost 7 euro, cheaper than outside but was no frills and way below average, at least for the hotels I have stayed in, including some youth hostels.
so teh location and the price (50 euro) were good, but I wouldn't go there again. Who knows, of course, maybe the rooms upstairs are good and have a good view and I was just a bit unlucky.

Unique Qualities: Location.
And it 's still Amsterdam!

Address: Leidsekade 89, , Amsterdam, Noord-Holland 1017 PN
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Near Leidseplein. From the airport, take the Connexion (or KLM) bus.
othercontact: quentin@quentinhotels.com
Phone: +31 20 6262187
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.quentinhotels.com/Quentin/aboutus.html

• Written May 8, 2008

Comments

Panos1111

“I don't know, it just makes sense”

Have you been to Amsterdam?