VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Iguazu" Buenos Aires Favorite Tip by augrad

Buenos Aires General: 328 reviews and 390 photos

Favorite thing: My family went to Iguazu in June, 2007, and we planned everything ourselves. I never do the arranged "touristy" tours because you are so rushed and you miss out on the learning about the culture. You can take a bus from B.A. for about $15 per person (an overnight trip on a VERY nice luxury bus--just google it), or take a flight (Lan.com) for $250 (one and a half hours).
We stayed here http://www.orquideashotel.com/pop.html for $115 a night (2 bedroom cottage). The prices on the website are in Argentine pesos, so basically just divide by 3 to get US dollars.

BE SURE to eat at this restaurant if you go to Iguazu: http://www.eltioquerido.com/tioquerido_ofrec.htm
My family of 5 had 3 filet mignons (with baked potatoes and salad), 2 chicken plates, 4 beers, and 3 desserts. The total bill was $28! We left a very nice tip : ) It was the best steak I have EVER eaten. It is like fine dining, but you don't dress up. They also have a band that plays while you eat.
There is also a very good pizza place that is cheap in the middle of town.

Be sure to take the boat trip up to the falls!

You will love Iguazu.

• Written May 8, 2008

Ranked Member

Have you been to Buenos Aires?