Café Carré, Carpe Diem, Gutenberg: "Gutenbergplatz: Where the Locals Meet" Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Nightlife Tip by Kathrin_E
Karlsruhe Nightlife: 52 reviews and 71 photos
Gutenbergplatz is a pretty 19th century square in the Weststadt quarter. The adjacent pubs put their chairs and tables out in summer underneath the linden trees. Here is where the locals meet. If you want to get away from the city centre's noise and hassle, you'll find a refuge here.
Café Carré: Prettiest location in the Northeastern corner behind the fountain with afternoon and evening sun. Good beer (Alpirsbacher, from the Black Forest). Food average, wide choice of Italian and international. Premiere TV bar, so if you HAVE to watch Bundesliga or some other sports event, go inside.
Carpe Diem: in the shady Northwestern corner. Small choice of food but not bad. Good local beer (Wolf).
Gutenberg: further down the square next to the parking lot, so less pretty to sit, but they also have a cosy beer garden in their inner courtyard. German/Bavarian food.
Dress Code: None. Clothes required, though;-)
Directions: Tram: S1, S2, S5, S11, 2, 6 to "Yorckstraße"
Theme: Eating and Drinking
More Nightlife in Karlsruhe (2)
More Reviews (117)
- See All Flying Santa
- See All DURLACH: Walk with a View in the...
- See All Birthplace of Carl Benz, and His Car...
- Karlsruhe's Carnival Parades
- See All Paradise Bird On Rails: The Rizzi Tram
- See All DURLACH: CAFES: Cosy Café-Bar-Lounge
- See All CHESS: Garden Chess in Schlossplatz
- See All OVERVIEW: Palaces in Karlsruhe and...
- See All Shopping Mall in the Former Main Post...
Been to Karlsruhe?Share your travels with the world!
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Have you been to Karlsruhe?Share Your Travels