TERRY'S HOME MADE FRIES: "THE FRENCH FRIES TRUCK" Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Restaurant Tip by LoriPori

Windsor Restaurants: 69 reviews and 127 photos

Terry's Home Made Fries
by LoriPori

OK, I know we shouldn't, but the smell of home made fries is just too hard to resist. TERRY'S HOME MADE FRIES has been a local favourite for years. His "truck" is almost always parked at Ambassador Park, (from May until September) and has been as long as I can remember. So sure enough, this Sunday, May 4 there he was, with a long line-up of folks just waiting to get in their order and get into those hand-cut french fries. I stood in line, while Hans grabbed a picnic table. I ordered a large at $3.25. It was plenty for the two of us. I smothered them with ketchup and malt vinegar and a dash of salt. Two seagulls were standing by in case there were leftovers - not a chance!
Other sizes were a small for $2.25 and medium for $2.75. Terry also offers canned pop for $1.25 and hot dogs.

Address: Parking lot at Ambassador Park
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Riverside Drive - Ambassador Park near the Bridge. He's usually there from May to September. You can't miss his truck and the heavenly smell.
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

• Written May 4, 2008

“Travel Near - Travel Far - The Limit is the Sky”

Have you been to Windsor?