"convenient a great breakfast" Hotel Jan III Sobieski Tip by uglyscot

The hotel
      inside reception area
      hotel bedroom
    by uglyscot

Our stay was fine. The room was good but the so-called double bed was actually twin beds pushed together with a gap between them. The bathroom was good, but the hairdryer stopped working long before my hair was dry, and would not start again. There was a mini bar, and TV but only with CNN in English. Although there was no safe, it was possible to get a safe deposit box at reception.
Linen and towels were only changed on request as part of their green policy.
The room was kept clean. The service at Reception was not up to standard, and there was no bellboy available when we first arrived and by the time we checked in another guest had grabbed him, so we had to take our luggage to our room ourselves. There should have been more staff available as the check in was very busy and guests were arriving in a stream that day. The man who dealt with us at reception started our check-in process, and whenever a Polish speaking client came to the desk with a query , he would deal with them , and then come back to us.
When I needed a taxi to go to the Exhibition centre the day my husband was ill, the man outside got taxis for other patrons but ignored me, until I reminded him that I had been waiting before the previous males.
However when we checked out in the pre-dawn hours there was a bellboy available, and a taxi had been ordered to take us to the airport.

Unique Qualities: The breakfast buffet was very good with great variety- fruit juice, fruit, cereal, cold cuts and cheese, bread and croissants, hot dishes , yoghurt etc .The service there was good. Tea or coffee were brought as soon as you sat down , and empty dishes were promptly removed.

Address: Pl.Zawiszy 1
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Just off Aleje Jerozolimskie.
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel

• Updated May 7, 2008

Comments

uglyscot

“Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought”

Have you been to Warsaw?