Mandarin Chinese Restaurant of Neuilly: "Very ordinary chinese food" Mandarin de Neuilly -Neuilly-sur-Seine Tip by cochinjew

This has been around for a long time, it looks like. the owners are an old couple who seem to be on familiar terms with lots of the diners who also look old like them. the waiters seem to be fresh out of China, and they reminded me of the unfriendly chinese waiters of London or Singapore.
it is a small restaurant and the service is prompt. but the food is okay, it is the kind of chinese food a non chinese can whip up with a little bit of expertise. This is not asia! perhaps the people of neuilly prefer such bland food. reminded me of one of those chinese restaurants in small town north america

Favorite Dish: I had chicken szechuan style and it was neither szechuan style but was slightly hot in terms of the spice. riz natural. water. a glass of white wine. limited wine selection as expected. this is in a very fashionable neighbourhood in Paris mind you.
duck in orange peel reminded me of a chinese restaurant in miami. I have long stopped eating chinese food in America or the terrible stuff they present as chinese food in Havana.
I do not recommend this restaurant. right near this restaurant are many japanese restaurants one of them actually run by a japanese and great french restaurants: la savour aux marches and temps libres..
after eating here I have decided that I will not be eating any ethnic food in Paris unless it is Tamoul food cooked by Tamouls in the Quartier Pondicherienne or Japanese restaurant owned by Japanese not Korean or Chinese. I am promised some good khmer food next week and let us see..

Address: avenue charles de gaulle, near corner ave eglise
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +33 1 46 24 11 80
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 1
Theme: Chinese/Dim Sum

• Written May 2, 2008

cochinjew Used To Live Here!

“If I am only for myself, what am I ?”

Have you been to Paris?