"Biking" Top 5 Page for this destination Mackinac Island Transportation Tip by PinkFloydActuary

Mackinac Island Transportation: 22 reviews and 31 photos

A baby carrier rental
by PinkFloydActuary

Your options for traveling around the island are limited to horse, feet, and bike. There are a number of bike rental shops right as you get off the boats. A few things to remember...horses and people have the right of way. Some of the roads are extremely steep - you'll probably have to walk the bike up them. Rental charges are usually by the hour. Some places will also rent baby carriers. Most importantly - DON'T LOSE YOUR RENTAL STUB. Somehow, I lost two of the three stubs we had. I figured this was OK, since the numbers would have been sequential and they could have pulled all three rental agreements. Well, you would think I murdered someone. I was read the riot act about how I was told to guard them with my life, etc. etc. So put them in a safe place, it will save you the hassle later.

Despite this - I highly recommend Ryba's Bikes - good prices, and well maintained bikes. Website is below.

Mode: AROUND
Type: Bicycle
Website: http://www.rybabikes.com/

• Written Apr 29, 2008

More Transportation in Mackinac Island (1)

Comments

PinkFloydActuary

“Searching the world for a clever motto”

Have you been to Mackinac Island?