Check Inn Pension: "The Noisiest place in this attractive city ?" Dumaguette Hotel Tip by Global_James

Dumaguette Hotels: 1 reviews and 0 photos

I thought I'd found a great pension. It's recently built, so it's very clean and everything works...elevator, tiled floors throughout, new TV with cable....overall very comfortable and good value to me at 850pesos per night.
But...and this is a BIG BUT ............they have had 3 functions in their 4th floor function room in the 7 days I stayed and my room (305) is underneath the function room. So I have had to endure incredible noise with scraping chairs, loud P.A.'s, cheering, laughing, screaming ....and that's not mentioning unbelievably inconsiderate fucntion attending guests running around the hollow corridors, room doors left open, loud music, shouting, laughing, etc.
Last night capped it all as the 'function' was still going on until after midnight.
Many other guests complained, like me, but the staff seemed reluctant to enforce any warnings they said they have given to function organisors.
I then discovered that the Manager is based in Bacolod !
So, regrettably I'm leaving this morning and going to try Hotel Palwa just down the same street.

Unique Qualities: Generally reliable in-room internet connection. Located in Locsin Street, which is pretty noisy during the daytime, so ask for a room at the back....but 309 faces a wall !

Address: Locsin Street
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: 2 minute walk to the Waterfront. Very central.
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Pension/Guesthouse

• Written Apr 29, 2008

Comments

Global_James

“The Ideal of Global Citizenship...oh...and the food..that's why I do it or dream of it!”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Dumaguette?