LOTUS ONE: "Winding down... or living it up" Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Nightlife Tip by JessH

Dubai Nightlife: 139 reviews and 317 photos

"Oh yes sir, I can boogie" (Lotus One, Dubai)
by JessH
      "Oh yes sir, I can boogie" (Lotus One, Dubai)
      Stylish cocktail sipping at Lotus One, Dubai
    by JessH

It seemed highly unlikely to me to find a funky lounge and club on the ground floor of something as bland as a convention centre, but that's exactly what the Novotel in Dubai has succeeded in creating:

Lotus One markets itself as an Asian "fusion restaurant" that is open for lunch and dinner, and later-on in the evening transforms into a swanky & trendy cocktail lounge and club. The music choice is generally chill-out lounge, later blended with funky house and some R'n'B.
If you can live with the occasionally slow bar service and manage to ignore the "I-wear-my-sunglasses-at-night" posers (the people I like to call *nose lifters*, looking down their noses at the entire world) there is quite an enjoyable evening to be had, especially if the DJ hits your exact taste of music on their various different clubs evenings.

The doormen can be tough & it can be a bit tricky to get inside (they have a big thing about imaginary *guest lists* at clubs in Dubai) even if you have plenty of ladies in your party, so my recommendation is to book a table, get down there early, enjoy some food and relax before the party-crowd spills in at around 11:30pm.

Lotus One is also mentioned on the website "world?s best bars.com". However, it's important to note here that apparently Lotus One has suffered from the usual social-slide and that service, food and ambience used to be a lot better last year (2007). It seems the staff and management had built themselves a good reputation, but now no longer put in enough effort into keep up their highest standards.

Nevertheless, this is still a very swanky & decorative (albeit slightly cheesy) club and lounge, and definitely recommended for a nice night with the young and stylish yuppies of Dubai. I'd recommend coming here with a group of minimum 4 to 6 people to really enjoy your evening and just ignore any snobs in the vicinity! ;-)

Dress Code:
"It's stylish, it's sexy, it's glass & chrome, it's slightly overdone: it's your usual top-end club and lounge in Dubai."

Dress Code: more SMART than casual.
Opening Hours:
12.00pm-04:00pm, 07.00pm-12.30am daily.

Tuesdays - Ladies Night (2 complimentary drinks)
A RETROspective of 70s, 80s & 90s music.

Fridays & Saturdays ? Rock 'n' Roll Pop Sushi:
All you can eat sushi or 259 Dhs with unlimited selected house beverages while you listen to rock-n-roll pop tunes.

Click here for all special promotion & events:

NOTE: there is a smoking section inside.

Knew you'd be here tonight
So I put my best dress on
Boy I was so right.

Our eyes connected
Now nothing's how it used to be
No second guesses.

Don't wanna rush it
Let the rhythm pull you in
It's here so touch it.
- Kylie Minogue, SLOW.

Address: World Trade Convention Centre, Dubai
Directions: Ground floor, Novotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road.
LOCATION MAP: http://www.lotus1.com/map.html

Phone: 00971-4-329 3200
Theme: Eating and Drinking
Website: http://www.lotus1.com/

• Updated Apr 22, 2008

JessH Lives Here!

“I've packed my bags, I'm ready to go... ... ...”

Have you been to Dubai?