HAKONE LAKE HOTEL RESTAURANT: "YUMMY FOOD WITH SCENIC VIEWS" Hakone Restaurant Tip by AusPinay

Hakone Restaurants: 7 reviews and 17 photos

set Japanese menus are yummy and reasonably priced

set Japanese menus are yummy and reasonably priced
    by AusPinay
      on the ay to the reataurant
    by AusPinay

The food was great as expected- with great views of the mountains and rural Japan in Hakone.

We did not join the group tour set lunch of grilled chicken and opted to order our own menu and we were glad about our choice! As usual hubby got his seafood set menu- seafood tempura and seafood rice bowl with miso soup, pickled fresh Japanese vegies and dessert which seem to be the standard menu in most Japanese set menus.

For my fussy eater we went to the vendo machine just outside the restaurant and got some fried potato chips as appetizer for him as he was starving after all that touring and playing with blocks of ice around the first station on the way to the mountains. We didn't wait too long for our orders anyway.

Food is served in lovely crockery (bowls and serving dishes) which make the experience of eating Japanese food
more inspiring for me! I wish I can take them home actually!

We also had lovely fresh pork, seafood and chicken rice bowls also with the usual pickled vegies and salads, udon soups and desserts. I forgot the exact amount but it was worth it - probably less than AUS$60!

Favorite Dish: The udon soup and tempura vegies were yummy!

Address: Hakone Lake
Comparison: about average
Directions: via bus from Tokyo or bullet train (Shinkansen) via JR Hammatchuko Station
othercontact: Inquire with Japan Gray Line Co.
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Local
Website: http://www.jgl.co.jp

• Updated Apr 20, 2008

Comments

AusPinay

“LIVE,LAUGH, LOVE! (visit my website, AUSINFORMER.COM)”

Have you been to Hakone?