VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Flats instead of hotles" Paris Hotel Tip by RFS1947

Paris Hotels: 2,024 reviews and 2,106 photos

After staying in a small (very small) hotel at 100 Euros a night a few years ago, I have switched to renting a flat when in Paris. It is cheaper and more convenient, e.g., you can have a washing machine - no looking for a laundomat! - and you can cook a meal if you want and of course, come and go as you please.

I have used parissweethome (68Euros/night) and NYHabitat (63Euros) and both were good. This year I have reserved a place through FUSAC (64Euros) - (A French-US site) just Google it - and didn't have to pay upfront as I am dealing directly with the owner. I will pay the rent and deposit upon arrival. It saves the hassle and expense of international money transfers as well.

I do not necessarily recommend any of the above; this has just been my experience. You may wish to Google 'Paris short term rentals' and find an extensive list of agencies to choose from.

Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Theme: Other

• Written Apr 20, 2008

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Paris?