"THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF ETHIOPIA" Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Things to Do Tip by DAO
Africa Things to Do: 366 reviews and 1,024 photos
What the National Museum lacks in size, it makes up with great displays. Relics from Stone Age man all the way through modern day are on display. Some of the more interesting exhibits are coronation thrones of the Emperors, tribal exhibits with clothes & weapons, art, musical instruments and hand made animal-skin Bibles written in Geez. They are able to even display more than 200 styles of cross found across the country. There are some exhibits related to several Emperors that tell the story of Ethiopia. Their most prized display is of our ancient ancestor LUCY. She is about 3.5 million years old! There is also a disturbing set of displays related to the starvation and Communist persecution. A must visit in Addis Ababa.
It is open from 0830-1230 and 1330-1730. Please note it has a dual pricing policy (local/foreigner). No flash photography is allowed.
Address: ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA
Directions: Han St / Siddist Kilo crossroads, just north of St Mary's Church. Near Addis Ababa University.
More Things to Do in Africa (86)
More Reviews (340)
- See All Don?t Bother in Massawa
- See All Not Quite Right in Massawa, Eritrea
- See All The Flag of Burkina Faso
- See All Its Officially a Joke in Burkina Faso
- See All USEFUL IN TOGO
- See All THE STREET TAILORS
- See All KOLOBENG NATIONAL MEMORIAL - BOTSWANA
- See All A HUNDRED WAYS TO DIE
- See All THE GREATEST MARATHON RUNNER IN THE...
- See All SHONGOLOLO !
- See All SINK PLUGS
- See All FOOTBALL ? THE INTERNATIONAL SPORT
DAO's Related Pages
Have you been to Africa?Share Your Travels