Dim Sum at Hotel Oriental: "My Best Meal in KL ever" Hotel Mandarin Oriental Tip by cochinjew

Hotel Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur: 2 reviews and 10 photos

durian pancakes
by cochinjew
      durian pancakes
    by cochinjew
  • My Best Meal in KL ever - Kuala Lumpur

The view of the hotel itself is dazzling, brining back romance into travel and eating lost very easily in more crowded areas. Extremely well decorated hotel and you enter the restaurant for which you require reservations. On a Sunday lunchtime the place was full of Malay, Indian and Chinese Malaysians, including a group of workers (one could tell that from their uniforms) being feted for some occasion or other. A glass enclosed cooking area which is visible. Very very efficient and polite service. Quiet dining and the plates arrived promptly.
What was surprising was the price, which was very very reasonable for the quality of the food and the service
I highly recommend this place for the best tasting asian food I have eaten outside Hanoi and agreeable service.
For lovers of cuban cigars there is a Diwan nearby to enjoy a Cohiba!

Favorite Dish: The absolute best was Durian Pancakes. Ordered it as we arrived as I was told it was extremely popular and it did melt in your mouth.
I would go back here just for the Durian Pancakes. I hope I get a chance soon enough, on my way to Cambodia .
The restaurant like many others is Halal, so a Jew could eat without the fear of being contaminated by Pork or its products.

Address: Hotel Oriental
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +60 3-2380 8888
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Chinese/Dim Sum
Website: http://www.mandarinoriental.com/kualalumpur/

• Written Apr 16, 2008

cochinjew Visits Here Frequently!

“If I am only for myself, what am I ?”

Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?