Kylesku Hotel: "Fresh Food & Great Views" Unapool Restaurant Tip by scottishvisitor

Unapool Restaurants: 2 reviews and 2 photos

The Kylesku Hotel is an old coaching inn dating back to 1680. The hotel has a cosy bar area with an open log fire and very welcoming atmosphere. The bar was full when we visited but we were shown to a nice corner table by the deep recessed windows overlooking the mountains and loch in the adjoining restaurant. This is the only option available here for food but it is a spledid and popular place to enjoy some lunch or dinner. The hotel is open from March through to October.

Favorite Dish: Kylesku Hotel specialises in fresh seafood all locally caught including langoustine, spineys, lobster and mussels. The aroma of the food would be enough to tempt anyones taste buds. I had spotted on their blackboard one of their sweets was bread and butter pudding - this did cut down my choice of main course - I can never resist this pudding. I settled on a bacon roll with a nice fresh side salad - Kenny chose the hot smoked salmon with a lime sauce and capers and a nice fresh salad. I had all the capers from his plate along with the sauce. All was very tasty here including the pudding which for me was a highlight of our lunch here.

Address: Kylesku
Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 01971 502 231
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 5
Theme: Local
Website: http://www.kyleskuhotel.co.uk

• Updated Apr 25, 2008

Comments

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Have you been to Unapool?