Days Hotel: "Hellish!" Belfast Hotel Tip by iaint

Belfast Hotels: 48 reviews and 51 photos

Urban wilderness; hotel from hell
by iaint

Arrived about 10.15pm off the ferry from Scotland after a day’s work and a 3 hour drive, then 2 hours on the ferry in a storm. Got to my room to find it was a smoking one when I had definitely booked a non-smoking one. My phone call to reception was greeted with an abrupt dismissal along the lines of the hotel being full, non smoking "requests" not being contractual, and basically "get stuffed"...

The room stank. So did my clothes the next morning.

I slept with the window slightly open to try to fumigate the place, but being on the 1st floor just above the kitchen, I was wakened at 6 by the delivery vans starting.

As well as the stink, the heater in the room looked like someone had played football with it, there was a cigarette burn on the desk, and the desk looked like it had not been dusted for weeks..

When I went for breakfast, their system would not let me charge it to the room and the waitress suggested I join the growing queue at reception to try to sort it out. Not her fault probably, but I was pretty hacked off with the place by then so I’m afraid she got the sharp end of my tongue and I went to Macdonalds. Probably saved myself £5 in the process.

The place is in a good central location, but surrounded by a car park so it looks like the proverbial urban wilderness.

It was my first experience of a Days Inn anywhere, and I hope its my last. My advice is to avoid it at all costs.

Unique Qualities: The worst hotel experience I can remember for many years.

Address: 40 Hope Street, , Belfast, Northern Ireland BT12 5
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Stay away!
Phone: 0800 0280 400
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.dayshotelbelfast.co.uk

• Updated Apr 7, 2008

Comments

iaint Visits Here Frequently!

iaint

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. ”

Have you been to Belfast?