"Coast Guard in Monterey" Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Favorite Tip by Ewingjr98
Monterey General: 67 reviews and 161 photos
Favorite thing: Monterey's Coast Guard station was established in 1946. Station Monterey is under the operational control of Coast Guard Group San Francisco. Monterey's CG station covers a 120-mile stretch of coastline from Point Ano Nuevo in the north to the Monterey-San Luis Obispo County line in the south. This area is secured and protected by the 50 men of Monterey's station, along with their four small boats.
The station's flagship is the Coast Guard Cutter Hawksbill, which enforces laws and treaties and performs search and rescue along the California Coast. The fourteen men and women assigned to the 87-foot patrol boat also help promote safety in the commercial fishing fleet.
U.S. Coast Guard Station
100 Lighthouse Avenue
Monterey, CA 93940
More Reviews (223)
- See All Siamese Bay Thai (Webster Street) - Old...
- See All East Village Cafe (Washington St) - Old...
- See All Cherry's Jubilee
- See All Haunted Monterey
- See All El Estero Park
- See All Old Monterey Railroad Station
- See All Used books and records in New Monterey
- See All Dirt Track Racing at Watsonville's Ocean...
- See All InterContinental The Clement - Cannery...
- See All Storms and big waves
- See All The Monterey Bay Aquarium on Summer...
- Monterey Weather
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Have you been to Monterey?Share Your Travels